I missed posting my last visit on the 27th January. It was oddly fraught—not much was on the shelves and I was at a bit of a loss. It was a Thursday and I thought they’d be well stocked since the ad starts on Wednesday. However, I was able to get enough to not have to shop again until today.
Normally I wouldn’t shop on the last day of the sale but there wasn’t much I wanted from the ad this week or next and I have plans tomorrow during the day. I was hoping maybe they’d be stocking up for tomorrow, I have noticed that in the past, but that didn’t seem to be the case.
The shelves were pretty empty again today. I really didn’t have many goals this week so it wasn’t quite as stressful. They did have some items they didn’t have last time like eggs and potatoes.
I got the last seasoned chicken breast. Not my usual choice but I got one the last time because it was what was left (possibly because the seasoned breasts are the most expensive chicken item, it was $7.39 for about a pound and a half) and it was pretty good. Certainly easy!
- Pineberries! These were pricy but I’ve been wanting to try them. $4.49. I’m jealous it’s strawberry (and pineberry) season in Florida.
- I got the last seasoned turkey tenderloin ($6.49)
- Refrigerated coffee creamer. I’m not a huge coffee drinker but I do sometimes make myself some cold brew. They didn’t have this last time and I tried the national brand of the same flavor for more than twice as much for half as much and didn’t like it! Glad it was back and only $1.79.
- My dad oddly has gotten really into couscous and somehow never can find it at his local Aldi. He won’t stop talking about it so I got him six boxes. $1.15 They don’t expire until next year.
- Ground bison $7.99.
- Pita $1.89 I’m glad pita has become a regular item! I think I’m going to make bison kofta and serve it with this.
- Jumbo raw shrimp $6.49
- Fiddle leaf fig $12.99. He looked so lonely! My tiny one I got last year (year before?) is doing great. This one is pretty big.
- Baby potatoes $3.29. I have some raclette I’d like to melt on it that expires soon. I also got 10 lbs of russet potatoes for $4.29 so I’m set for potatoes.
- Wild Caught fish sticks. $2.95 You really can’t beat the price! They are tasty and it’s good to have something easy on hand! We still aren’t eating in restaurants and aren’t doing much take out.
- Ciabatta rolls $2.89. It’s a huge pack! I wanted burger rolls but they were kind of smooshed.
- Meyer lemons $2.99
- Cara Cara oranges $4.19 I felt like we were in need of some fruit! I hope they are good, I haven’t had much luck with citrus this year.
Total $159.76 for 57 items. $2.80 average! Not bad. I got a lot of basics we were low on so that’s good. Not a lot of assortment with meat but I still had some from before and I think it’s enough for a while.